These are my favourite cookies that I’ve ever made! And that’s saying something because I bake a lot of cookies! My boyfriend is a cookie FIEND and he literally asks me to make him cookies every other day… I’m not exaggerating. And I often oblige him at least once a week. These cookies are delicious (if I do say so myself), they’re sweet, nutty and chewy, and they just happen to vegan and gluten free! They can be a little crumbly, but just make sure you allow them enough time to cool down – and firm up – before diving in. Enjoy!
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cane sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Celsius.
- Make flax/chia egg by combining ground flax, chia and 3 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Stir, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil, cane sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract.
- In a larger mixing bowl mix together the ground almonds, brown rice flour, arrowroot powder, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt.
- Next, add in the coconut oil/sugar, and flax/chia egg to the dry ingredients. Stir until a sticky dough is formed.
- Stir in the sliced almonds, chocolate chips and shredded coconut. Spoon out roughly tbsp sized balls onto a baking sheet. Makes roughly 10 medium/large cookies
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 – 20 minutes. These cookies are quite fragile when they are hot, so give them time to cool down so they firm up. Then you will have some delightfully chewy cookies to enjoy!