My week wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t bake some chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is pretty much a combination of the Almondy-Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Quick and Easy Wholewheat Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies. If it wasn’t entirely obvious already, James and I have a penchant for chocolate chip cookies.
Prep time: 15 mins
Bake time: 12 mins
Makes: 22 cookies
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnut crumbs
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F
- Make Flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2 tbsp water) see Quick and Easy Wholewheat Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies for directions
- Cream sugar, coconut oil, and maple syrup together. Stir in vanilla extract and flax egg.
- In another mixing bowl, add baking powder, baking soda, brown rice flour, xanthan gum, ground almond, arrowroot starch powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until a dough is formed.
- Mix in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp of cookie dough, roll into a ball and put on baking sheet. Space then about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 mins and then remove from oven and let cool for 10 mins.