The end of my last term of University is fast approaching and, so with all that stress and excitement, I’ve found myself craving chocolate. I had a little extra time this morning so I decided to indulge and cook up some cocoa oats for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk (could also use 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water)
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 sliced banana
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- Extra milk
- Heat a small pot on medium-high heat.
- Add rolled oats and milk.
- Stir in cocoa, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Turn down heat and allow to simmer and continue to stir frequently for 10-15 minutes, until oats are cooked.
- Remove from heat and add to a bowl.
- Add banana, chia seeds, walnuts or your other favourite toppings, and a splash of extra milk. Enjoy!