Sunday pancakes are a little tradition for James and I these days; mostly because by the time Sunday rolls around, all we have left is whatever is in the pantry! Sunday is also our only day to relax together in the morning, so having a later, more decadent breakfast feels a little luxurious and comforting. These banana coconut pancakes are delicious, filling and a little more exciting than regular pancakes (not to mention a little prettier with the sprinkling of shredded coconut on top!)
Prep time: 7 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Makes 4-6 large pancakes
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tbsp melted coconut + extra for cooking
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Shredded coconut
- Maple syrup
- Sliced Banana
- Mash one banana in a large mixing bowl
- Stir in coconut oil, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour and non-dairy milk; stir until there are no clumps and a smooth batter has formed. If it is very runny, add a few tbsp of flour. If it is too stiff, add more milk, 1tbsp at a time.
- Cook in a medium or large frying pan on medium/low heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with maple syrup, an extra sprinkle of shredded coconut and some sliced banana. Enjoy!