Now that it’s finally getting hot outside, the last thing I want to do is heat up the kitchen by turning on the stove or the oven. In comes the slow cooker. This soup is great for anyone who is on-the-go and who doesn’t want to spend a tonne of time prepping and cooking in the evening: You can put it on in the morning, leave it in the slow cooker all day and have a nutritious supper waiting for you when you get home.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 4 – 6 hours
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 6 large mushrooms sliced
- 2 medium yellow potatoes cubed (or sub one medium sweet potato)
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks of celery sliced (I didn’t have celery but normally would add it)
- Fresh greens (add to the pot 30 mins before you eat, or add on fresh)
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir in until well-combined.
- Let simmer on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Top with fresh herbs (I used basil). Save the leftovers in the fridge for 4 – 5 days or freeze.