James came up with another yummy porridge recipe! This time around it’s a little more traditional than his Blueberry Chai Porridge. He told me he wanted some oats with cinnamon, raisins, pecans and maple syrup and I threw in some chia seeds and flax seeds to up protein and omega-3s. It’s very simple, really tasty and a great way to start the day. We normally have this as overnight oats, but it is even more decadent when you have the time to cook it.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk + extra for pouring on top (optional)
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine oats, water, milk, flax seeds, chia seeds and raisins to a medium sauce pan and bring to a slow bowl.
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 mins until all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Divide oats into two bowls. Top with chopped pecans, cinnamon, maple syrup, and extra milk. Enjoy!