This smoothie is great for summer mornings, when you want to start your day off with something cool, refreshing and packed with lots of protein and healthy fats. This smoothie is naturally sweetened with banana, and has a full servings of greens. The ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg add the chai flavour and some invigorating spice that help to wake up your senses. Maca powder and chia seeds add extra nutrients: omega-3s, zinc, magnesium and iron.
Prep: 5 mins
Makes 1 large serving
- 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked overnight
- 1 banana
- 1 large handful of spinach
- Thumb-sized nob of ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 cups non-dairy milk or water
- Soak the cashews in about a cup of water overnight. This will make blending them in the morning much easier.
- Soak 1 tbsp spoon of chia seeds with 3 tbsp of water. Soaking seeds or nuts overnight aids in digestion and make the nutrients more bio-available.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to blend this smoothie longer than normal to get the smoothest consistency possible.
- Serve in your favourite glass or jar and enjoy!