Ever wish you could just eat chocolate ice cream for breakfast? But you don’t because then you’d feel like you’ve really given up on life? Well, this recipe is essentially the best of both worlds: eating a balanced diet / ice cream for breakfast. It’s perfect as a pre or post workout breakfast / snack.
Prep time: 5 mins
Makes 1 serving
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp unsweeetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp nut butter of your choice (I used cashew)
- 1 tbsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves (7 – 10 leaves)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used oat milk)
- Put everything into the blender and blend on medium/high for 2 minutes.
- You may need to stir it around a bit to get it going if your blender is having a hard time with the frozen banana.
- Garnish with fresh mint and enjoy! 🙂