After a celebratory weekend of summer fun, chips, ice cream and vegan cheesecake, today was the day to start of with a green smoothie to start setting things back into balance. This smoothie is simple, sweet and easy recipe; just a quick way to get some detoxifying nutrients into my body this morning.
- 4 – 5 chunks of frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 – 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- a couple sprigs of mint
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender
- Start blending on a low speed and pulse to avoid splash-back and prevent the frozen fruit from getting stuck in the blades.
- Once the frozen fruit is blended, increase the speed and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your favourite glass and enjoy!