After feasting on SO much delicious food this Thanksgiving, I wanted to start my day off with this smoothie to reset for the week ahead; it’s light, fresh and cleansing. The ginger and turmeric help with digestion, the cilantro and lemon help with detoxifying the system. The blackberries offer a slight sweet tanginess, which pairs well with the spice from the ginger and turmeric, and complimented by the freshness of the cilantro and the citrus.
Makes Two Servings
- Large handful of spinach
- Small handful of cilantro
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of frozen blackberries
- small nub of turmeric root cut into a few pieces
- small nub of ginger root cut into a few pieces
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp maca root powder (optional)
- 2 cups of non-dairy milk (oat milk)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of water (optional)
- Place the frozen banana and the blackberries in the blender, topped with the spinach. It’s helpful to put the frozen fruit in the blender first to help with blending.
- Add the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Pour the oat milk (or non-dairy milk of choice). Blend the smoothie, you may have to use a spoon to stir it around if the frozen fruit gets a bit jammed. If it is too thick, pour in some of the water to thin it out.