Just when I thought it couldn’t be any easier to be vegan, I find Dandies Pumpkin flavoured Marshmellows! I’m mean, c’mon!!!! Granted, I know Vancouver is a mecca for veganism and it isn’t necessarily as easy to go plant-based, vegan, veg-curious, one part plant, etc, in other parts of the country, North America or the world. BUT it is getting easier and easier each year (each month practically)! There are more and more options popping up; from new local restaurants and food trucks, to the plethora of new products being released; it is a great time to be living a plant-based life! I’ve even noticed that the variety of vegan holiday nogs* on offer already far surmounts what was available last year. Pair these decadent holiday cookies with some Coconut Milk Holiday Nog , a splash of spiced rum, a sprinkle of nutmeg, a cinnamon stick, and you’ll be well on your way to some holiday cheer.
*Nogs can’t possibly be a word, but we’re going with it…
Prep time: 10 mins
Bake time: 10 mins
Makes approx. 1 dozen cookies
- 1/3 cup heaping tbsp of all-natural peanut butter (I use Adam’s Crunchy Peanut Butter)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or vegan margarine (I used Vegan Becel)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (almond meal, almond flour would probably also work)
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- small handful of Dandies Marshmellows (I used the Pumpkin flavoured ones!)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the peanut butter and vegan margarine.
- Mix in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the ground almonds and half of the flour. Mix well and sift in the remainder of the flour. Mix until you get a sticky dough consistency, do not over-mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and marshmellows.
- Spoon out about a tbsp worth of cookie dough, roll into a ball and flatten on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 – 10 minutes, cookies will be fragile while they are still hot.
- Serve with some vegan Holiday Nog – I recommend the So Delicious Coconut Holiday Nog