I know Valentine’s Day has already passed, but if you’re on the hunt for a special breakfast to treat yourself or someone else, I’ve got just the thing. This is essentially a dessert for breakfast. These pancakes are jam packed with yummy ingredients like bananas, chocolate chips, and almond butter. To really go the extra mile, add all those toppings. Trust me, it’s worth it 🙂
Makes approx. 8 medium-large pancakes
Time: 10 mins prep, approx 40 mins cook time to cook all batter.
- 2 medium sized mashed bananas
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups wholewheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add baking powder, salt and maple syrup and stir until well combined.
- Sift in flour and stir in non-dairy milk.
- Whisk batter until there are no chunks.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour about 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup of batter onto a lightly greased frying pan on medium heat.
- Cook for about 3 mins until bubbles appear on the surface and start to pop.
- Flip and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Serve the pancakes plain, with vegan butter and syrup. Or if you really want to go for it, top the pancakes with chopped almonds, a handful of chocolate chips, and sliced bananas. Enjoy 🙂