I recently started getting into chia pudding as a quick and light breakfast or snack because I tend to always have the ingredients on hand. It’s simple, easy to make, great for meal prep, and nice to take on-the-go. It’s pretty light, so it won’t leave you feeling stuffed. It’s great as a pre-workout breakfast, or a sweet afternoon snack when you need something to tie you over before dinner, could also be a great little dessert. I tend to make mine the night before, like overnight oats, however, the chia seeds do absorb the liquid quite quickly and you can eat it after letting it sit out for about 20 mins or so.
One large serving
Time: five minutes prep
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I use So Fresh Coconut Milk)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 5 – 6 frozen dark pitted cherries
- Add chia seeds to a bowl, pour in milk and maple syrup.
- Whisk all the ingredients together
- Add in dark cherries and let it sit out for 20 mins or place in the fridge for several hours, or overnight. *I like to stir mine after about 20 minutes just for good measure.
- Serve as is or with extra toppings: hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sprinkle of cinnamon, or spruce it up with chocolate drizzle! Enjoy 🙂